NCOPE develops, implements, and assures compliance with standards for orthotic and prosthetic education through accreditation and approval processes that promote exemplary patient care.
- To promote exemplary patient care by ensuring high quality educational programs for future generations of O&P professionals.
- To ensure that O&P programs are comparable in quality and effectiveness by maintaining and applying comprehensive standards for accreditation and approval.
- To apply such standards consistently in the evaluation of educational programs.
- To establish and implement mechanisms for the continual improvement of residency programs.
- To continue to strengthen NCOPE staff resources in response to an expanding agenda and a changing health care environment.
- To manage, develop, and expand appropriate alliances.