NCOPE Diversity Travel Award
Description of the Award
NCOPE and the O&P profession value diversity as a measure of excellence. A diverse student body improves the educational environment and by broadening perspectives we enhance the service of diverse populations. The NCOPE Diversity Travel Award is offered annually to a resident in the O&P profession who exemplifies an unyielding commitment to diversity and inclusion across their community and beyond.
To acknowledge and reward the outstanding performance of a resident who has demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, and tangible contributions to diversity and inclusion.
The Award is $2,000 dollars to be used for travel and meeting expenses such as registration fees for professional O & P conferences.
Attendance at the following conferences would meet the fund’s goal:
- International Conferences
- American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists Annual Symposium
- American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association Annual Assembly
- Association of Children’s Prosthetic‐Orthotic Clinics
- Recognized Clinical Center of Excellence
- i.e: military center, an O&P patient care center specializing in a treatment area, travel outside the United States to centers of interest or humanitarian efforts. (It is recommended that the applicant make contact with the host to gain support before applying).
Criteria for Applying
To acknowledge and reward the outstanding performance of a resident who has demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, and tangible contributions to diversity and inclusion. The deadline to apply is September 30th of each year.
- Currently registered NCOPE resident
- Evidence of contributions in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Two Letters of Recommendation, one which must be from the Residency Director
- Personal essay of 250 words outlining professional goals and service including response questions