Select Page

Residency for Foreign O&P School Graduates


Entry into an NCOPE Accredited Residency Program has identical requirements whether the residency candidate attended O&P school within the US or Internationally including the completion of a Masters Degree in Orthotics and Prosthetics.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can a non US citizen attend a CAAHEP accredited O&P school?

More than likely the answer is Yes, but there are many factors outside of the scope of NCOPE that will determine this.   NCOPE does not regulate each schools requirements for admissions of international students nor the process of obtaining documentation needed to enter the US to study.  NCOPE also does not offer financial assistance of scholarships for the purpose of attending school or residency.  To learn more, contact the O&P school that you are interested in attending and speak with the admissions and international offices to learn what steps are needed.

Does NCOPE provide assistance with obtaining a visa to allow non US citizen to participate in a CAAHEP Accredited O&P school or NCOPE Accredited Residency Program?

NCOPE does not provide this level of assistance.  To learn about requirements to enter the US for training, please visit the US Department of State website.

Can I use an organization besides WES to evaluate my academic training?

No, NCOPE only recognizes evaluations completed by WES to ensure consistency across all candidates.

If I complete an NCOPE Accredited Residency Program, is it guaranteed that I will be eligible to become certified and/or licensed?

NCOPE does not credential individuals and cannot answer this question.  For guidance on credentialling, contact the certifying agency and/or state licensing board for guidance.

Can NCOPE provide guidance on additional coursework or transitional degrees needed to elevate my credentials to a masters degree?

No, NCOPE does not accredit transitional degree programs nor institutions that do not deliver CAAHEP accredited orthotic and prosthetic education.