OPRESCAS Application Synchronization
O&P Residency application synchronization is now in its 4th year and open to all NCOPE Accredited Residency Sites Hiring a Resident Between the Fall of 2023 and the Summer of 2024.
Application Synchronization is not coordinated by NCOPE and it is not a requirement to maintain residency site accreditation. The synchronization process is facilitated by the Academy’s Hospital Based Practice Committee. To opt-in or learn more, please contact Heidi Truman, CPO by clicking on the “Participate in Application Synchronization” button.
Shared on behalf of the Academy’s Hospital Based Practice Committee
What is Application Synchronization?
- Application synchronization recognizes NCOPE residency programs that have elected to synchronize their application processes using OPRESCAS and their offer dates for residency positions. This enables candidates to have a consistent timeline and helps allow informed decisions when applying to multiple participating organizations.
This process has been defined by the Academy Hospital-Based O&P Practice committee independent of any NCOPE regulation, policies, and procedures. Any questions about this process should be directed to Heidi Truman, CPO – Heidi.Truman@ucsf.org.
Why Would an Organization Wish to Participate in Application Synchronization?
- Without application synchronization, residency candidates are often forced to accept and/or decline residency offers prior to having interviews at all sites of interest, or before knowing the full scope of their options. Inconsistent timelines across residency sites has led to mismatch issues for both the applicant and the residency site.
- Additionally, many residency sites have shifted their interview and selection dates to earlier times in the year to avoid competing with other institutions for qualified applicants.
How Does Application Synchronization Work?
- Each application cycle, participating organizations identify consistent dates for the following application events:
- Application Open Date
- Application Close Date
- Extension of Position Offer
- Period of Review for Accepted Candidates
What Are the Dates for the Current Application Cycle?
- Please see the embedded PDF above for specific dates/timelines. If the synchronization period is closed, the PDF may not be visible.
Is Application Synchronization Only for Hospital-Based Residency Programs?
- No, all residency programs are welcome to participate, including private practices and other settings.
- The hospital-based residency programs piloted the first year of the program in 2020-2021, but welcome participation from any accredited residency program now.
Who Do I Contact to Learn More?
- Heidi Truman, CPO – Heidi.Truman@ucsf.edu
How Do I Sign-up to Participate in Application Synchronization?
- Submit a configuration in OPRESCAS that aligns with the defined dates.
- Contact Heidi Truman, CPO to Opt-In
Program-specific details and contact information is listed on the OPRESCAS application for each organization can be viewed inside the OPRESCAS Applicant Portal. To access the OPRESCAS portal, please visit: https://oprescas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login